We're all travelers through this earth experience we call life. As we journey though our experiences, it's important to remember who we really are: Powerful, spiritual beings of light. I'm glad your journey has brought you here.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Discovering Your Past Lives

The first book that I had published was Discovering Your Past Lives in 1988. I became interested in reincarnation in 1971, after having some experiences that showed me, without a doubt, that there was more than just this one life.
I pursued my interest, reading every book I could find on the subject and doing personal research.

I studied hypnosis, became a certified professional hypnotist, then opened my hypnosis practice--Horizon Hypnosis--and began conducting past life regressions as well as self-improvement sessions.

I'd also been teaching a 12-week class on reincarnation since 1985 through a community education program (boy, was there ever a lot
of flap about that way back when!) and had written a workbook to
go along with the class.

Since I'd always wanted to get a book published, I decided to send
out some query letters to publishers to see if they were interested. They were! I got two offers and chose Contemporary Books as my publisher. This has been my bestselling book... it's still in print and on the bookstore shelves! It's also been translated into 14 foreign languages, been sold to several book clubs, and was reprinted as a hardcover by Random House. Along the way, Contemporary Books was sold to McGraw-Hill and they are now the current publisher.

It's an incredible high to get your first book published. It's like the
joy of giving birth. Being a writer was something I'd dreamed about
for years. Writing this book was something I totally loved doing and knew that I was born to be a writer. I was a writer in one of my past lives... but that's another story for another day. Having this book published was the start to my life-long writing career. I love writing and have now written 30 books. I'll be sharing most of them in my month-long NaBloPoMo blogging journey this month.

Here's the back cover blurb for Discovering Your Past Lives:

Have you ever met someone for the first time,
yet felt that you'd known him or her for years?
Do you feel drawn to a particular era or culture?
Have you ever experienced deja vu?

You may be closer to your reincarnational past than you think!
In Discovering Your Past Lives, reincarnation teacher Gloria
Chadwick opens up the world of past life regression to anyone interested in finding out more about themselves. With scores
of fun-to-do exercises, she shows you how to probe your mannerisms, memories, preferences, and dreams for clues
to your past life experiences and how to uncover the historical
data that validate your findings.

You'll be amazed at the ease with which your subconscious mind reveals exciting facts about your past lives as you learn about:
  • How the clothes you wear can reflect your past life;
  • The meaning of birthmarks;
  • How what you fear in this life is a clue to how you died in a past one;
  • The choices you made before you were born;
  • The three types of soul mates; and
  • Your ability to create your own reality.
This clear, step-by-step program is based on the author's work in teaching past life regression. It includes the success stories of many of her students, who were amazed not only by the knowledge of who they had been but by the great benefit they gained in this life through information about their past lives.

Chadwick also provides a clear and unintimidating explanation of the sometimes difficult-to-understand relationship between past selves and spiritual awakening, taking you carefully through the confusing world of karmic growth and dharmic perception. If you are ready to explore the mysteries of time and space and uncover hidden truths about yourself and the universe, Discovering Your Past Lives will be your ultimate tool for self-discovery.

Tomorrow, I'll be offering you a look into the reincarnation class and the workbook that preceded this book.

No comments: